WDS - Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy - complements EDS by offering excellent peak separation, accurate trace element analysis, and optimised element detection for low and high energy X-rays to provide...
"Microprobe Accuracy on an SEM"
- Accurate quantitative analysis below 500 ppm
- Less than 10eV resolution for resolving important overlaps like Sulfur/Molybdenum
- Easily and unambiguously determines the distribution of all elements in a sample even where peaks overlap
- Up to 100 times more sensitive than an EDS system for trace element detection
- Most accurate elemental analysis available for SEM rivals EPMA accuracy with WD for trace elements and ED for major elements using XPP quantitative correction algorithms